When you’re invited to partake in a meal with business sociates there’s more than food on the table to consider.
This is a time when relationships are solidified, contacts and connections are birthed and nurtured.
It’s also a time where your skills of diplomacy and courtesy are put on display.
FOR THE HOST
It extends from selecting the venue and menu, arriving before the guests, hospitably meeting and greeting guests and introducing them to others, initiating and maintaining a stimulating conversation, to subtly paying the bill and being the last to leave.
AS A GUEST
It is arriving on time, being dressed appropriately, holding a good conversation with several guests and leaving at the same time as other guests do.
It is partaking in the food, drink, and conversation in a manner that shows you know the finner aspects of breaking bread together.
SOME A LA CARTE NO, NOs
- Ordering the most expensive meal or wine
- Monopolizing a conversation
- Criticizing the location, timing, food, host or other guests
- Ordering an entrée or dessert if no one else does
- Sending food back
- Reaching across a person for an item
- Using the wrong plate, cup or utensil
- Asking to eat something another person has left
Find an Image Consultant: Search our directory of consultants.
Go to My Private Stylist: Click here
Train with Us: Learn how to Become an Image Consultant
Gain Access to Sample Training Lessons: Click here
Join Image Innovators: All formally trained stylists and image consultants welcome.